Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I'm Here to Guard and Protect this Bachelorette Recap

(BOD - Katherine Heigl)

Another Monday night, another episode of The Bachelorette. It’s like Christmas morning each and every week.

There were some terrific comments last week: from the Family Szem weighing in with their usual great contributions to newcomers Carissa, Rambo, and Gretzpo joining this season’s fray. Special mention to The Fleurys for the excellent rundown of the remaining contestants. Comparing Justin to Joran Van Der Sloot absolutely killed me. Funny, topical and the epitome of bad taste.

Let’s keep it going this week.

8:00 – We have a full house tonight. I’m joined by Mama Tewks, Sister Tewks and Cousin Tewks. Cousin Tewks is a 27 year old man with a predilection for romantic comedies. I think it’s quite obvious that manliness and testosterone do not swim in our gene pool.

8:03 – The travel graphic looked a little cheap. I kept getting flashbacks to Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?

8:04 – I think this designer is straighter than the Weatherman.

8:05 – Sister Tewks said the following after the designer said Ali didn’t need a lot of makeup. “Oh bullshit. Yes, she does. She’s a slut.” Wow, I’m not quite sure how to follow that line of logic.

8:07 – “Her roots are showing.” Mama Tewks. The claws are sharp tonight.

8:08 – Cousin Tewks just used the word ‘fashionista’ in a sentence. That has to be a new record. Eight minute from straight to gay while watching this show.

8:15 – Why do they take helicopters everywhere? This isn’t a very green friendly show. I’d like to know what The Bachelorette’s carbon footprint is.

8:16 – I have no idea what Kasey is saying, but he sounds like he has peanut butter on the roof of his mouth.

8:17 – Oh my God. Oh dear Christ. He’s singing. Please make it stop. It’s like watching a car crash. I don’t want to watch, but it’s impossible to look away.

8:17 – This is like a bad American Idol audition. Cousin Tewks – “That was awesome.” He’s hooked. And another one bites the dust.

8:22 – Why do they run everywhere?

8:25 – Ali is legitimately terrified of Kasey. I think she’s scared that she’s going to end up a well in his basement. He’s like Buffalo Bill. It puts the lotion on its skin or it gets the hose again.

8:26 – He’s singing again! What is wrong with this guy? This is more awkward than the night I lost my virginity, but I think Kasey’s song lasted a little bit longer.

8:27 – This is a smart decision by Ali. Good job, girl. Get rid of the serial killer.

8:28 – Wait, what? Why are you giving him another chance?

8:28 – His funny side? I think Ali and I have different definitions of humour. There’s nothing funny about being chopped up and left in a meat freezer.

8:34 – “I think the forecast looks pretty good today.” I think I can speak for everyone watching when I say, Weatherman, you can go fuck yourself.

8:36 – The Weatherman is way too excited to be on Broadway. Gaydar is off the charts right now. At this point, I’d actually be surprised if we got confirmation he’s straight.

8:38 – I actually prefer these singing clips over Kasey’s warbling.

8:39 - Once again, Roberto knocks it out of the park. The guy is a machine. He’s like Joe DiMaggio during his 56 game hitting streak.

8:41 – “I like Roberto and I like Jesse” - Sister Tewks. “I haven’t picked my favourite yet” - Cousin Tewks. He might be more pathetic than I am.

8:45 – Ali’s got some sneaky big breasts. They’re like a rising fastball with late life.

8:47 – “He is kind of handsome” - Cousin Tewks on Roberto. I’m at a loss for words. I can literally see his penis inverting itself into his abdomen.

8:57 – Mama Tewks is just railing on Ali’s voice. Is it really that bad? To me, it sounds like a cloud dipped in honey.

9:01 – Nice move, Kirk. If he was smart, he’d be laying an ungodly amount of pipe right now.

9:02 – Kirk with a tremendous performance. Now that is how you woo a woman. Leave her wanting more. Both Cousin Tewks and I just gave him a golf clap in respect for his game.

9:15 - Kasey’s tattoo is completely ridiculous, but at least he didn’t write Ali’s name on his arm or something equally stupid. On a related note, did you know that he’s here to guard her heart?

9:17 – Not to be a dick, but Chris L needs to cool it on the Mom talk. He’s making it very tough to make fun of this show.

9:21 – Justin, some advice. Professional wrestling villains don’t use the word ‘fibber.’

9:23 – I guarantee Chris L was disappointed after Ali asked him to go upstairs. I bet he thought he was going to get some birthday sex. Instead, he has to listen to some emotional jackoff play his guitar.

9:25 – Chris L needs to learn how to kiss. It looks like he took lessons from Ralph Macchio’s drop and drive with Elisabeth Shue at the end of The Karate Kid.

9:28 – Craig is a douchebag. He’s only mouthing off to Justin because he knows you can’t have a physical confrontation on these shows. What a chickenshit. In the real world, Justin would beat his ass with his crutches.

9:30 – The Weatherman did not break out a fucking guitar. You gotta be fucking kidding me!!! This is brutal. I hate all of these guys. They are so lame.

9:31 – “I’m more of a singer-songwriter.” That comment brought out the biggest laugh of the night
at Casa di Tewks. The Weatherman has so little self-awareness, I’m actually starting to feel bad for him. That’s a lie. He’s terrible.

9:39 – The reactions on these guys when Kasey unveiled his tattoo were priceless. Just complete shock. Also, they realized that they have to live with this psychopath for an extended period of time. I’d be scared for my life.

9:48 – Kirk moved up the highest this week. Just a transcendent performance.

9:49 – Who the hell is Chris N.? He literally did not say one word the entire episode.

9:51 – Kasey? You cannot be serious? Ali is really making it hard to for me to have an unhealthy crush on her.

9:52 – And the Weatherman blubbers like a baby. He just flushed his career down the toilet.

Iceland looks very promising.

What did you think? Post thoughts to comments.

8 comments:

Gretzpo said...

"it's just my heart - jump in and stay awhile. But please take your shoes off - I just had the carpets cleaned."

CSzem said...

Hey Gretzpo, being the first to post on this blog is kind of my thing. So, y’know….screw off. (Too much?)

Kirk (+225) – The new favourite, because of the great performance Tewks’ touched on, plus my continued suspicions that Roberto has a girlfriend

Roberto (+250) – Make no mistake, this is a two horse race.

Chris L. (+800) – Clear cut third spot right now, but he’s just not in the league of the two guys up top. He’s getting the hometown though, especially after the phone call with his Dad.

I’m at a loss. Do I have to put someone in 4th? What a ridiculous group of “men”.

Ty (+2100) – I don’t know anything that bad about him, so sure, let’s put him here.

Frank (+2500) – Frank is the funniest guy Ali has ever met? Agreed, Tewks, her sense of humour must be more than a little off.

Chris N. (+3000) – This guy is bringing the “Survivor”-strategy to a new level on this show. I know that we often go for sensationalism and hyperbole to describe events on this show, but I honestly do not remember him conversing with Ali at any point in the show so far. Hell, until he talked to Justin at the end of last night’s show, I didn’t remember him talking AT ALL. But amazingly, he’s better off than the douchebags below him. Maybe he’s a jerk? Maybe he’s a nice guy? As long as there’s a possibility it’s the latter, he’s in better stead than our final three.

Justin (+4000) – I feel a little bad for him, because I’m still not sure why they all hate him. He suggested Kasey was lying, was proven to be right, and then somehow still looked like a bad guy for it. Yet I can’t stand him, and I don’t know why.

Craig R. (+4200) – “I’m all about having fun”. Translation: “I am running up ABC’s bar bill, hard.”

Kasey (OFF) – I can’t even post odds here. There aren’t enough zeros to describe this situation. I think it’s amazing that our original theory of him being a “cutter” was proven wrong, but I STILL think he might stab everyone in the house.

Anonymous said...

When I see these minute by minute recaps that you do I can’t help but remember back to the entry to you did on November 24th last year - I Don't Like Technology.

In it you said:
“Look, I’m sure early adopters love all the technological advances available on this new operating system, but I consider myself to be old school. I’m a modern day Renaissance man who is resistant to change. I try to limit my subservience to technology. I don’t take my cell phone with me to the gym or the movies, I don’t watch TV with my computer on my lap and I don’t use the Internet to find love (you know who you are).”

So in fact you are one of those people who sits with his computer on his lap in front of the TV. What next? Talking on your cell phone to set up a date with someone you found on the internet while checking yourself out in the mirrors at the gym?

AG

Carissa said...

OMG, this episode was full of win.
Ali's face during Kasey's serenades was priceless.
I'm glad Frank interrupted Kasey before he showed her the tat. I want to see him one more week.

I was sad she let Jesse go but I knew he wasn't for Ali.

The Weather Man is soooo gay, I'm glad he's finally gone.

My top 3 are Roberto, Kirk, and Justin.

Once again your recap delivered.

btw-I have no idea why your family rags on Ali, she's very down to earth.

Shan said...

Loving Kirk!!! Wow, what a gentleman! I love that he wanted her to feel better, and still got his alone time. Well played!

Now...the ChrisL and mom talk - he had me at hello. I love this guy. As someone who's lost a parent, it's a really hard thing to talk to your significant other about, and Ali is all about family. I see him going really far now that he's let her in

Weatherman - did you see how gleefully happy he was to be on a broadway stage?! GAY! GAY! GAY!

Casey - I have no words. Well...maybe a few. What a ridiculous tattoo!! 11 stones for the final 11 guys? A rose so he will have one forever? CREEP!! He needs to go!

maybe he and Crazy michelle from last season should hookup??

{The Fleury's} said...

The Fleury Run Down:

Wow...wow...wow...WOW! tonight was amazing!

Jonathon: Loved it he was going to take the bull by the horns and talk to Ally...but the came to a screeetching halt. I have never seen a man run in defeat as fast as the weather man did when he asked for sometime with Ally.

And his tears were amazing I may have to go to his local weather web page just to get my daily dose of the weather man from here on out.

Kirk: Class act a gentlemen and a scholar

Roberto: Typical Latin lover...keeps you guessing and then on your last date he finally reveals that he has Gonorrhea from drinking the water...

Chris L: Soup flowers to a sick girl...just give him the winning rose!

Ty: How does he not know everything that goes on in that house. I mean his ears are sonar for the military; ) Nah I like Ty he is good stuff.

Chris N: Ok so CSzem--love the Survivor comment laughed out loud when I saw that. I didnt even know who he was at the rose ceremony!

Frank: Oh frank--you crazy little Hobbit you!

Craig R: No words

Justin: He hates liars what? You are the biggest one in the house You have the gf on the side and you know it you FIBBER!!!!


Oh next week will be grand I can not wait to see my guy Kasey!

{The Fleury's} said...

Bwahaha I am still laughing at the Gonorrhea and the water comment. Side note: Cousin hooked up with a Latino Lover that played bball here and she received this phenomenon...He said he got it from the water....bwahahaha

Patty said...

Prediction: Tewks comes on the show next in place of the Weatherman!