Friday, May 14, 2010

Survivor Recap: Parvarti is Really Showing Me Something

(BOD - Adriana Lima)

After Danielle’s elimination last week, it was great to see Russell finally start to see through Parvarti’s charm and feminine wiles. For the first thirty days, he was blinded by the lustre of a ‘hot’ girl fawning all over him and telling him how smart he is. Now he’s beginning to see Parvarti as a strategic game player who will have no problem stabbing him in the back.

Russell’s thinking with his brain instead of his penis (I wish I could say the same. Little Tewks has been running the show in my body since Grade 8).

The reward challenge promotional tie-in with Sprint’s Palm Pre was excruciating to watch. You would think, after 20 seasons, the Survivor crew could be a little more subtle with these advertisements. I could have done without the ten minute segment that pretty much just extolled the virtues of a shitty-looking phone.

I’ve never understood why contestants cry and blubber so much when their family members come to visit. Maybe it’s because I lack human emotion, but they’ve only been gone for thirty-something days. Plus, it’s not like they are facing undue hardships; they’re on a reality show! Mama and Papa Tewks wouldn’t even show up for that challenge were I there.

How about Russell’s wife? Wow. I really want to dislike the guy, but his babe of a wife forever destroys that possibility.

Colby berating his brother during the reward challenge was beyond hilarious. Why was he so upset? The fact his brother was just laughing off Colby’s craziness made the entire situation that much better. I don’t know what’s wrong with Colby. He seems completely disinterested. He only lasted fifteen seconds in the immunity challenge (we’ve all been there, brother) and wasn’t even paying attention at Tribal Council.

Somehow, he’ll end up winning. He’s got to turn it on and become the Colby of old at some point, right?

Jerri not taking Russell on the reward was a HUGE mistake, evidenced by Russell’s ominous comment, “She’s in trouble now.” Hell hath no fury like a toothless man scorned.

I hoped Rupert was gone as soon as I saw the footage of him stomping around at camp while everyone was trying to sleep. I would have lost my mind. That is one of my biggest pet peeves. I require complete silence when I sleep. I can’t have some jackass sawing wood while I’m trying to get my beauty rest.

I hate to say it, but Parvarti is a force to be reckoned with. She is currently dominating the social and physical aspects of the game. She can’t be stopped, unless the remaining four pull their heads out of their asses and vote her out. However, her biggest competition in the immunity challenges (Rupert) is no longer in the game, so they might not get a chance to get rid of Parvarti.

How Sandra is still in the game and in a position of power is beyond me. She’s played a fantastic mental game, which makes up for her being completely useless in challenges. She’s a dark horse pick to win. She’s really been the only one who has been able to manipulate Russell without the benefit of T and A, which is an impressive feat.

Tune in on Monday for a podcast recap of the finale.

1 comment:

Shan said...

very excited about the finale on sunday!

I hate russell with a passion, however I completely agree with the remaining survivors that they need to keep him there if any of them stand a chance in hell at winning.

Here's hoping that Little Szem stays put so we can watch the finale in the comfort of our own home!