Thursday, April 1, 2010

Potpourri

I’m going to cover a melange of topics today as I prepare for an epic Easter Weekend consisting of softball and much-needed male bonding tomorrow, my second foray into the world of curling on Saturday, and an opportunity to take my shirt off and workout outside on Sunday.

(No column tomorrow out of respect for Jesus)

Yesterday’s Comments

I’m actually going to take He Who Hits Bombs childish (and projected) digs at my sexual orientation as a compliment. He remarked that “this blog is going downhill” with my coverage of American Idol, Jersey Shore and The Bachelor.

However, that just means that at some point, my blog was enjoying lofty status uphill, which is one of the nicest things ever said about my writing. I may even add that to the banner at the top of the site: Talkin’ with Tewks – It Sucks Now but You Should Have Seen it Six Months Ago.

Teebs, Teebs, Teebs. I’m very disappointed in you. We had quite a nice little discussion going on and you had to ruin it with your display of research and facts. I completely made up my points from yesterday. I went with my gut. That’s what we do here at Talkin’ with Tewks. Gut first, intelligence and thought later.

Come on, Teebs. You’re better than that.

Thank you SSzem for the kind words and your own American Idol thoughts. See fellas, I was asked to provide my reality TV thoughts and I did. Are you brave enough to go against the wishes of a pregnant woman? I, for one, am not. Especially since she has the capability to suffocate me in my sleep this weekend.

Blue Jays Rough Up Halladay

Yesterday afternoon, the Jays lit Roy up for four runs in the first inning. Thus far, I haven’t heard anything, but I have a strong enough belief in the idiocy of some Jays fans that they will look to yesterday’s game as some type of proof that the Jays got rid of Halladay at the right time and he will no longer be the same pitcher he was for Toronto.

Nothing could be further from the truth. It was a meaningless spring training start. There was no reason for Doc to be jacked up for that start and a myriad of reasons for the Jays to try to jump all over him.

You Jays fans thinking Halladay is done: talk to me in August when he’s already won twenty games.

More Tiger Details Emerge

This will be the last time I’m going to mention Tigers' off field exploits. From this point forward, it’s only golf related topics from now on. Like, by just how many strokes will Tiger win The Masters this year?

A new article from Vanity Fair talks to some of the whores that Tiger had sex with. It’s mostly boring shit no one cares about, but one quote made me laugh. Apparently, Tiger is quite frugal with the women he sleeps with. According to the article, the only thing Tiger ever bought for Mindy Lawton was a chicken wrap from Subway on the way to her house.

That’s fantastic. I guess Tiger and I have more in common than I thought.

American Idol Travesty

Didi Benami, otherwise known as the hot chick, was voted out last night. What a horrible decision. Unfortunately, I may have to boycott covering the remainder of the season as a protest.

I sincerely think this may be the last year this show is socially relevant. It’s been a fun ride.

Dion Phaneuf Named Most Overrated Player in NHL by Peers

This is really who you want as your next captain, Toronto fans? Good luck with that.

2 comments:

CSzem said...

Is it just me, or between yesterday's posted comment and the response in today's column, did it sound like Tewks is having an affair with my pregnant wife?

Shan said...

haha I'm just reading this now

CSzem...what you don't know won't kill you. just kidding!!


Tewks, as always your post made me laugh to the point of tears. Thanks for the laugh my friend!