Tuesday, February 16, 2010

St. Lucia's Fire: Three's a Crowd

This is the first live Bachelor recap where I know the readership will include more people than just CSzem. It’s an exciting time. Truthfully, it was getting a little pathetic at how serious we were taking this show, so it’s nice to know that more readers are benefiting from our sexual ambiguity.

In order to be more welcoming to my burgeoning, pregnant fan base, I took it upon myself to do some research at The Bump to further my understanding of ladies with child.

Yikes.

I feel like I opened Pandora’s box. The gals certainly don’t hold anything back in the comment boards. I didn’t know what the hell they were talking about half the time. I probably should have paid more attention in health class, but I stopped listening once I found out where the penis goes.

One more thing before we get started, instead of retreating back to The Bump to discuss tonight’s episode, feel free to post questions/comments at the end of this column (about the show in general or my recap).

Sound good?

8:03 – St. Lucia kind of looks like Jurassic Park. I would pay $500 for a velociraptor to eat Vienna in this episode.

8:07 – I almost forgot how big of a pussy Jake has been all season. He’s an embarrassment to men everywhere. “Tewks, you mean embarrassing like a straight man writing a two hour live recap of each Bachelor episode?” Touché.

8:13 – “I didn’t even know you were coming!” I’m sure that’s not the first time Jake has said that.

8:16 – “I will wear this necklace on my wrist for the rest of my life.” Human anatomy aside, I sincerely doubt Gia will still be wearing that two dollar piece of crap after she’s sent home.

8:17 – Gia’s breasts: real or fake? I hope real because, to borrow a line from Seinfeld, finding out those babies are made of silicone would be like finding out Mickey Mantle corked his bat.

8:21 – Jake and Gia are in ‘Smuggler’s Cove’? Is this a Hardy Boys’ novel?

8:25 – Gia’s voice is grating. She sounds like Lambchop.

8:27 – Fantasy Suite card! Now, we’re turning things up a notch.

8:28 – Gia accepts! I hope Jake bangs all three of them tonight. If I was on this show, I’d want the Fantasy Suite cards given out when I had fifteen women left.

8:29 – “Gia has grabbed hold of my heart so hard.” I honestly believe that Jake uses ‘heart’ as a euphemism for ‘penis.’ It’s like Mad Libs.

8:36 – Mama Tewks just brought up a good point. Does Tenley know that Jake nailed Gia the night before?

8:39 – Here’s a Bachelor drinking game: take a shot every time Tenley mentions her ex-husband. You’d be dead from alcohol poisoning before the end of the first hour.

8:40 – Tenley looks amazing in that black bathing suit. I will excuse her blandness and complete absence of personality as along as she stays dressed like that.

8:50 – Tenley’s actually going to spend the night with him? And the plot thickens. How many bases will Jake get? You’d have to think he’d be good for at least a double.

8:51 – Is this the same room where he slept with Gia? I hope they changed the sheets.

8:57 – Did Vienna really just use the word ‘affirmation’? Well, we now know she can read off a teleprompter.

8:59 – Vienna has quite the pair of thunder thighs. She looks like a walrus flopping around this pirate ship.

9:06 – What are the odds Vienna doesn’t accept the fantasy suite card? 5,000 to 1? 1,000,000 to 1?

9:08 – “Do you like thin bands or thick bands?” Something tells me Jakey isn’t packing much a wallop downstairs. Plus, it’s quite obvious that Vienna is pretty, uh, ‘elastic’, so Jake’s preparing her for a disappointment once he gets his pants off.

9:12 – Does Jake even have enough lead in his pencil to have sex with three women in three days?

9:13 – Vienna’s lingerie looks like a sheet from a queen size bed.

9:18 - Ali is so beautiful. Like an angel riding a unicorn on a rainbow.

9:21 – “You drove away with a piece of my heart (penis).”

9:22 – How can Jake honestly like Vienna or Gia more than Ali? Someone really needs to explain this to me.

9:29 – Oh, Chris Harrison shows up for his weekly four minutes of work. What a sweet gig. What would we do without him? He’s like a poor man’s Jeff Probst.

9:41 – I would fast forward through these personal messages. BORING. I hope someone takes their top off.

9:46 – Wow. I’d get rid of all three of them and keep Gia’s breasts. They look fantastic.

9:47 – Of course it was a great week for you, Jake. You’ve slept with more women in three days than you have in your entire life.

9:48 – Tenley. Ok, that’s a smart decision.

9:49 – What the fuck?

9:51 – Let me translate through all the crap Jake is currently serving to Gia. Basically, she is not as good in bed as Vienna and Tenley. Case closed.

9:55 – The Women Tell All special looks fantastic.

What did you think of tonight’s episode?

5 comments:

CSzem said...

My thoughts, in addition to the FINAL Vegas odds, as we make our way towards the finale. Can ABC promo this thing as “Beauty v. The Beast” or would that be in poor taste? (As you can guess, I was not overly pleased with the results of last night’s episode).

Jake & Gia
So wait, this date was basically just a walk through some ghetto in St. Lucia? I hope they were watching their wallets.

Speaking of wallets, are they paying any of these people?

“Her thighs jiggle when she walks”.....Jesus, Tewks, you were right. My wife LIKES Gia and still threw that comment out there.

The rebuttal: “No, it’s OK, I just said it because it makes me feel better about myself.” Oh, well I guess if you’re going to put other people down for the purpose of feeling better about yourself then it’s OK.

“How much did you pay for those shoes? $500? $700? $1000? If you don’t say anything, I’m gonna walk out of here knowing you paid $1000 for those shoes. HA HO!”

“I would love nothing more than for Gia to open up completely”....I don't think I even need a joke here.

Jake & Tenley
Jake just said he wanted to share his passion with Tenley, so he was taking her “flying”. He must have read the blog last week and seen my dig about him constantly saying “aviation”.

Tenley just noted that this is her “First picnic in a long time...with a boy”. Did Tenley have an experimental period we haven’t heard about? This should be explored further.

I don’t know if you’ve heard, but her ex-husband is the only person that Tenley’s ever spent the night with.

Jake: “I absolutely cannot wait to.........” (pause, while he’s thinking)
(What’s he gonna say? I voted for “plough you.”)
But Jake went with “....watch our first sunrise.” Ah well.

Jake & Vienna
I’ve been calling her a “pirate hooker” for weeks. Now it’s official.

Don’t Call it a Comeback (The Ali phone call)
Jake: “I don’t know who I’d send home to have you here.”
Ali: “Well, I’m biased... (Definitely thought Ali was going to say “...but you should send home Vienna”, which would have just been spectacular)

9:24: Jake is an idiot. Monumental occasion. Jake officially cementing his status as a total moron, telling Ali not to come back. Even felt the need to jot the time down for that one.

I can’t muster any more notes....

Farewell Gia....I will miss them. (I know what I said)

To the odds!
Tenley (-450)
Vienna (+400)

I thought about these a lot (as Tewks has noted, WAY too much effort/thought is going into this), and started with these odds much closer. But at the end of the day, unless I gave you 4-1 odds, would you bet on Vienna? I wouldn’t. I’d think about it at 4-1, because there would be enough value there, but anything less and I wouldn’t do it....so that’s where the line settled.

We’re headed for a finale where every single viewer is going to be pulling for Tenley. Seriously, do you know ONE person who will want Vienna to win this? This is like Canada/Russia in 1972, Lake Placid in 1980, or (more topically) Saints/Colts from last week. Will anyone with a soul be cheering for Vienna? I guess there are probably lots of spoiled 23 year old bitches out there who will want to see her win, so she’s got that going for her, which is nice.

Shan said...

Wow - I haven't read CSzem's comments (much) yet so I'm hoping we don't overlap.

1) How dare ABC set it up "Get on a plane and get here right now"!? I literally HATE ABC for doing this to me. I'm pregnant for god's sake!

2) Vienna looks like she could be sporting some serious man-junk under that bikini (perhaps that's why it has a little skirt on the bottom?) I mean...look at her! She's a transvestite for sure!
2a) I can't believe he asked her about her ring preferances! That's bushleague! He better have asked the other three and it was just edited to piss us all off.

3) I love Tenley - she's such a doll! I just fear that she's not ready for this...

4) CSzem - yes, I did say that Gia's thighs jiggle when she walks, and quite frankly it does make me feel better about myself given that I feel like a whale with an alien growing inside of me. Can we have sundae's tonight?

5) Next week should be interesting. Rozlyn is an idiot - you say "I don't think my personal life is any of your business" while getting jiggy on the couch with a producer of the show...about your personal life?!

6) I feel another Jason&Molly situation coming on..."On The Wings of Love - Jake ditches the cross-eyed freak to be with Ali!"

Carissa said...

Best write up this season so far.
I've never been so disappointed in a Bachelor until now. The previews look promising but could be misleading. I felt sorry for Gia, she seems genuinely sweet and classy. Oh well. The women tell all next week!

Unknown said...

I was holding out hope that the spoilers would be wrong but with his lame question about what kind of ring Vienna wants, I knew how it was going to end. Boo. I can't wait for next week's episode. Bring on the drama!

Anonymous said...

Gia's boobs are fake, sorry to disapoint.