Friday, December 10, 2010

CSzem's Corner

(BOD  - Random Babe)

I am going away on a Caribbean cruise tomorrow morning for a week in the sun. No columns will be posted by me next week, but "I Dream of Long Bus Rides" will be auto-posting a new column on Wednesday morning (Oh, the magic of the Internet).

CSzem's picks will only appear next week if he and Gretzpo can put their collective heads together and figure out the posting process without my guidance. I wouldn't hold my breath on this one as I wouldn't trust the two of them to screw in a light bulb.

Last Week: 9-7 (*Tewks note: I went 10-6. What a chump.)

Overall: 41-33

Jacksonville (-4) v. Oakland

Amazing that I am laying points with the Jags at this point in the season. They have something like a -43 point differential on the year, which is just insane for a team primed to win their division. Don’t trust the Raiders on the road, though.

Steelers (-9) v. Cincinnati

Just think Pittsburgh is ready to put their foot on the gas after that bloodbath with Baltimore. Potential letdown game, though.

New England (-3) @ Chicago

My first thought on this game was to take Chicago. I typically like taking home dogs, especially when they’re pretty good teams. But then it struck me that this line was extraordinarily low. Aren’t the Pats normally laying 9 or 10 points to people at this point of the season? For some reason, people aren’t yet buying on this team, even though they just beat (arguably) the second best team in football by 42 points.

Cleveland (+1) @ Buffalo

I remember when these two teams played last year, right around this time in the season. Derek Anderson didn’t complete a pass in the first half, and went 2 of 17 for the game. And the Browns won.

NY Giants (-3) @ Minnesota

Hate how many road teams I’m taking, but I still think the Vikings are terrible, and the Giants might be rounding into form with that beatdown they gave Washington last week.

Green Bay (-6.5) @ Detroit

Yikes, another road favourite. This has the makings of a bad week. Green Bay has the tools to stretch this one out late, even if the Lions hang tough early. Could go a lot like the Lions Thanksgiving game with the Pats.

Atlanta (-7.5) @ Carolina

More than a touchdown, on the road, in the division, is tough. But true #1 seeds destroy the worst team in football.

Washington (+1) v. Tampa

Finally, that’s more like a pick I normally would make. Small home dog, with a bad road team coming in. Tampa’s had a nice run, but I don’t’ think they’ve got the chops (yet) to win a cold weather December road game with their playoff hopes on the line.

New Orleans (-9) v. St. Louis

One of these teams is currently leading their division. The other is going to win by double-digits.

Seattle (+5.5) @ San Francisco

Can someone tell me how the Niners are laying 5.5 points to an NFL team?

NY Jets (-5) v. Miami

If the Jets have any pride whatsoever, they make the Dolphins pay for that Monday-night debacle.

Arizona (+4) v. Denver

Wow, Vegas is REALLY buying into that whole “new coach lights a fire under the team thing”. Only possible way to explain Denver laying more than a FG on the road.

Dallas (+3.5) v. Philadelphia

I think the Cowboys are going to win this game outright, and if you call me a homer…..well, you’d be right.

Baltimore (-3) @ Houston

A tough, well-coached team, with playoff experience, coming off a tough loss, and needing a win….against a soft, poorly-coached team, with no playoff experience, that’s already virtually eliminated from the playoffs, and is counting down the days until they get their new coach.

No comments: