Friday, November 19, 2010

CSzem's Corner

(CSzem mailed in today's column, so I'm mailing in the BOD. Although he gets bonus points for a dynamite Road House reference)

Last week: 6-7

This week: 0-1
Overall: 14-13

Pittsburgh (-7) v. Oakland

Love that this line came down to 7. It opened at 9 (as I suggested it would on the podcast).

Houston (+7) @ NY Jets

Jets don't blow people out.

Baltimore (-10.5) @ Carolina

Carolina starting Brian St. Pierre. When I read the headline yesterday "St. Pierre to get start", it took me a good 10 minutes to figure out what team he played for.

Tennessee (-7) v. Washington

Because I watched Monday night's game.

Detroit (+6.5) @ Dallas

Dallas isn't good enough to be laying 6.5 points to anyone in the NFL. I don't care if their coach is Jason Garrett or Wade Garrett.

Green Bay (-3) @ Minnesota

I am going to keep betting against Brett Favre until Vegas sets a line that makes me stop.

Buffalo (+5.5) @ Cincinnati

Both these teams are just awful. Take the points.

Jacksonville (-1) v. Cleveland

It's going to be a very close race between the Jags and the Bears to see which team can claim the title of "worst team that's inexplicably in the playoffs".

Kansas City (-9) v. Arizona

Naturally I want to bet on the team that just gave up 49 points to a 2-6 Denver team. Arizona is just THAT bad on the road.

New Orleans (-11.5) v. Seattle

No particularly good reason, just think they stretch this one out late.

St. Louis (+3) v. Atlanta

Sign me up for a good home team getting 3 points against a team that is markedly better at home and is due for a letdown coming off a big win.

Tampa (+3.5) @ San Francisco

Niners might win, but it'll be a lot like last week.

New England (-3.5) v. Indianapolis

So tough to lay more than a FG here, but the Pats are the better (and healthier) team right now.

Philadelphia (-3) v. NY Giants

Because I watched Monday night's game.

San Diego (-10) v. Denver

I can already picture myself falling asleep early in the third quarter as Mike Tirico tries to keep me interested in a game that is 35-7 for the Chargers.

No comments: