Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Hot for Student?


Once again, CSzem really stepped up to the plate and provided more fantastic commentary on The Bachelor. I implore anyone who is a fan of the show to check out the Vegas odds and his thoughts on the remaining ladies.

Truthfully, Entertainment Weekly or a website of that ilk should really start paying us to recap this show. By dissecting each episode from a male’s perspective, we are providing insight that is impossible to find on typical, estrogen-fest message boards.

Here’s my public offer to CSzem. When The Bachelor airs the episode with the overnight or hometown dates (the final four?), we should do a podcast the next day to discuss it. Now, I’m not nearly smart enough to know how to do a podcast, but if you can figure out the technology, we need to make this happen. It’s time to bring this blog into the 21st century. Is there a better way to start than by talking about The Bachelor for thirty minutes on a Tuesday morning? I don’t think so.

Let me know your thoughts, CSzem.

Today, I wanted to discuss an issue that has vexed me for some time. On the front page of the Toronto Star, there is an article accusing an elementary school teacher of having a sexual relationship with a student.

Unfortunately, incidents like this are not uncommon. What I find unusual about this story is the characters involved. Usually, an inappropriate sexual relationship between an adult and a minor involves an older man and a young girl.

This is because men are disgusting perverts. Also, some men become enamoured with the eroticization of young girls. Basically, it’s the Lolita effect. Why do you think Britney Spears and Anna Kournikova were so popular when they first burst onto the scene? Here were two young, very attractive girls that looked and dressed like women, but were minors.

The horndogs in the mainstream media covered those two incessantly and it wasn’t because they were talented. This is also the reason why there were a number of websites devoted to a countdown of the Olsen Twins’ 18th birthday. The lesson: men are pigs.

What I don’t understand is the sexual relationships where the adult is female and child is male. Seeing a woman prey on a minor seems completely out of character.

So, I think of the reasons why adults would try to coerce a minor into having sex in the first place. Most likely, they do this because they are unable to attract members of the opposite sex in their own age bracket. They go for a child to use their position of authority to get what they want. That makes sense from a creepy old dude’s perspective.

Typically, women don’t have that problem. If a woman really wants a man, she can get one. I don’t care how ugly or homely she is, somewhere there is a guy who will sleep with her. So, for any inappropriate relationship between a woman and a boy, the woman must be a dog, right?

This where the Toronto Star story is so confusing: the teacher in question is a babe. A total cougar. Why does she need to have sex with a student? Why go after a prepubescent boy when you could have a virile stud like Tewks?

Does the kid in question have an unparalleled game? How did he pull this off? I need more information.

I couldn’t get girls my own age to sleep with me in school, let alone a smoking hot teacher. I probably would have gotten much better grades if I had a proverbial carrot like that dangling in front of me.

Cheers to education.

1 comment:

CSzem said...

There's really no way that I can accurately convey my level of excitement for this idea. So I'll simply accept the offer and get to work on figuring out how to do a podcast.