Monday, December 14, 2009

Self Promotion at its Finest


A quick addendum to Friday’s column about Jamie Campbell: avid reader, CSzem, commented that we SHOULD be attacking Campbell’s character. CSzem states that if Jamie Campbell “was really a good person, as you suggest, he would have resigned years ago, so I didn’t have to listen to him. So, I’m going to assume he’s as much a jerk as he is an abomination to broadcasting.”

I’m inclined to agree with CSzem’s logic, however, let’s look at this from Jamie Campbell’s perspective. You travel around with the Blue Jays all summer and get to watch baseball for a living. You’re friendly with the players, you fly first class and stay in the best hotels.

You have a dream job for a baseball fan. I don’t care how nice you are, there’s no incentive for you to quit, even if thousands of fans want you gone.

Let me use a personal analogy. Do I know what I’m doing in the bedroom? Not a chance. Do I know how to please a woman? Nope. But I’m still somehow able to sleep with members of the opposite sex.

Even though the girls aren’t getting any pleasure, what’s the incentive for me to stop sleeping with them? Sure, I’m doing the female gender a huge disservice and leaving legions of women disappointed, but I’m not about to quit the romance game. Why would I? I have the dream job.

So, basically I’m the Jamie Campbell of the casual dating scene.

Now, an introduction to today’s self-promotion: my readers know me as Tewks, an immature man-child who enjoys “all you can eat” ribs and pink lemonade. However, that is just my blog persona. My Superman, if you will.

The following clip is an example of my real world, Clark Kent persona. It’s from a segment I host on local television called “Can I Do That?” where I visit different sports teams and clubs to see if I have what it takes to do what they do.

Enjoy.

(Yes, this is just a thinly veiled excuse to not come up with a regular topic today).


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok stop your killing me.

Ya “legions of women”, you and job in the same sentence – I’m not sure which line is funnier.

My stomach is aching from laughing so much.

I must say you provided me with a moment of hilarity on a rather melancholy Monday.

Allan