Sunday, May 10, 2009

Quick Shots

There's nothing I can add to Tewks' comprehensive review of our trip: so I'll just say that it was the greatest trip two guys ever embarked on in the history of mankind.

It's late, I've had a long day and I'm tired... so a short post today. You've no doubt seen the pictures of me and Tewks shirtless in the ocean (and I'm sure that several of our female readers already have them pinned up in their cubicles or lockers). I put myself in good shape for the trip: lifting a lot of heavy weight and then not eating for days gave me the physique you saw in that picture.

My next goal is to run in the Beaches 10K July 26th. I ran in a 5K last year, hopefully a 10K this year ... then a half marathon in 2010 and a full marathon in 2011.

Does anyone care about how far I plan to run in the next 3 years? Absolutely not.

I played in my first flag football game today: the first time I've ever really played the sport ... which is to say that I didn't play very well. There was this one play though where I was covering my receiver, he crossed over the middle, and their female receiver crossed over the middle as well. I couldn't slow up, and I forearm shivered her to the jaw: knocked her out cold. It was awesome.

Tomorrow marks the second season of "Team Top Gun": my beach volleyball team. The first incarnation was awful. So I promoted myself to manager, cut everyone and filled the team with hired guns (pun intended) to make a "fun" league "competitive" and no fun for anyone.

The best part is that we're in it to win - but we're also going to stay true to our "Top Gun" origins and play in jeans and no shirt.

That's right ladies: back to back posts with my shirt off: you're welcome.






No comments: