Tuesday, September 4, 2007

An Open Letter To Rogers Sportsnet...

Typically, I'm not the type to e-mail and ask to have someone removed from the air... but enough is enough: you have got to fire Jamie Campbell. The guy's a nice guy... I WANT to like him... but he makes every single Jays game I watch less enjoyable.

He blows plays... his stories aren't interesting... and he has the worst depth perception of anyone in the history of the world... he often doesn't know it's a home run until it's over the wall... regardless of how well it's struck off the bat.

In a pivotal game against the BoSox Tuesday night ... the Jays have a chance to go to 4.5 games out of the wildcard and 5 games above .500 ... two on... a fly ball to left field off of Jesse Litsch:

"Not very deep"

As a Blue Jays fan... I breathe a sigh of relief... and take a swig of my refreshing cream soda...

"... But deep enough... it's gone!"

Wait a minute! I thought it "wasn't very deep"? ... now the Jays are down 3-1... and I just spat up an entire mouthful of cream soda on my favorite polo shirt.

Sorry... I'm doing my best to try and keep this succinct. Because commentating abilities are no laughing matter...

All I'm trying to say is that it's bad enough having to deal with the ups and downs inherent in following a sports team ... but now I have to deal with inept commentating flirting with my emotions?

I love the Jays ... I watch or go to every game I can: I think, as a fan, I deserve better than Jamie Campbell. And I know I'm not alone on this ... I've never once heard anyone compliment his abilities. So, please, for the 2008 season, give us better than Jamie Campbell.

Sincerely,

Gretzpo


Next time: A fearless look at the 2007 Rugby World Cup

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jamie Campbell just suggested that AJ Burnett should come back out for the 9th inning, because the bullpen has had trouble lately. The only thing wrong with AJ Burnett is a history of arm trouble. And he's thrown 118 pitches tonight. I don't have a joke here.